|Job Advertising Details, $125 per ad for 120 days. Email the Job Posting e-mail: Sastha.com, Inc. or Submit Job Posting. Call 313-882-3776 I Add Resume / CV|
California State University, Fresno
Lyles College of Engineering
Electrical & Comp. Engr.Vacancy # 12330
Available for Academic Year: 2015/2016.
Fresno State has been recognized as an Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI); an Asian American/Native American/Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and has been designated to the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Faculty members gain a clear path to tenure through the University's Probationary Plan Process.
Salary placement depends upon academic preparation and professional experience.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department in the Lyles College of Engineering at California State University, Fresno is accepting applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor with a Fall 2015 start date. The successful candidate will be expected to teach a broad spectrum of courses in core areas of the Electrical and Computer Engineering curricula. Candidates who demonstrate a broad background in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and who have teaching and/or research/industrial experience in the field are sought. Successful candidates will have technical expertise in at least two of the following areas: Digital/Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture, Advanced Digital Design, and Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI).
Responsibilities of the position include:
1) Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses and laboratories in Electrical and Computer Engineering (up to 12 weighted teaching units per semester);
2) Development and teaching of web-enhanced and/or web-based instruction, lecture courses, laboratories, as well as freshman design, senior capstone design, system design, etc.;
3) Active engagement in teaching, advising, research, professional development, and scholarly/service activities at all levels of the university;
4) Initiating a viable research program and publishing scholarship in peer-reviewed publications;
5) Applying for internal/external funding in support of teaching, research, and professional service;
6) Supervising student research including graduate projects and theses;
7) Advising senior project teams in related fields;
8) Participating in professional activities, including meetings, workshops and/or other relevant activities (e.g., appropriate relationships with industry);
9) Participation in departmental assessment and EAC/ABET accreditation processes; and
10) Effective communication and a willingness to work cooperatively with faculty and staff in the department, college, and university. Professionalism and collegiality are essential traits for success in this position, as specific assignments will depend on department needs.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department is housed in the Lyles College of Engineering at California State University, Fresno. The mission of the department is to fulfill the needs of the region and state by providing undergraduate and graduate education in Electrical and Computer Engineering to a diverse group of students. The department enrolls over 300 undergraduate and 30-50 graduate students. It offers two accredited BS degree programs in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering, and one MS Engineering degree program with options in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. The BS degree programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). In addition to providing a strong theoretical foundation in the subject matter, all programs provide curriculum-based intensive hands-on labs to enhance applied skills and prepare students for applied research and the engineering practice.
An earned Doctorate (Ph.D. or equivalent) and Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a closely-related field from an accredited institution is required for appointment to a tenure-track position; however, applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered. For continued employment in the tenure-track position, the doctorate must be completed by 01/10/2016.
1) Expertise in core areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering, including at least two technical areas related to Digital/Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture, Advanced Digital Design, and Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI);
2) Experience in experimental development and engineering design specific to the stated field(s) of expertise;
3) Record of university-level teaching, research, and/or scholarly activities, including successful grants and/or research publications; and
4) An ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
1) Proficient communication skills;
2) Demonstrated teaching excellence and scholarly productivity at the collegiate level;
3) Publications in high-quality journals whose publication record is commensurate with the candidate's level of experience;
4) Proficiency in professional practice in Electrical/Computer Engineering (or a related field) via industry experience. Only candidates with a well-established prominent record of university-level teaching, research and/or scholarly activities, with active participation and/or leadership roles in professional organizations will be considered at the rank of Associate Professor.
Review of applications will begin November 10, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, candidates should submit all application materials before the stated review date. To apply, applicants must complete an on-line application at jobs.fresnostate.edu and attach the following:
1) Cover letter specifically addressing required experience and preferred qualifications, identifies the candidate's areas of technical expertise, and details how such expertise was achieved through a combination of graduate coursework, doctoral research, funded research/publications, project work, and/or industrial experience;
2) Curriculum vitae that includes educational background, teaching and/or professional experience, and a complete list of publications;
3) List of three professional references with names, addresses, and telephone numbers.
Finalists will be required to submit:
1) Three current letters of recommendation; and
2) Official transcripts.
Finalists may also be required to submit additional documents such as:
1) Teaching Philosophy;
2) Research Plan; and
3) Statement on the "Future Directions of Electrical and Computer Engineering."
For inquiries, contact: Dr. Gregory Kriehn, Search Committee Chair, California State University, Fresno; Electrical and Computer Engineering Department; 2320 E. San Ramon Ave M/S EE94; Fresno, CA 93740-8030; Phone: 559.278.8811; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A link to the Annual Safety and Security/Fire Safety Report is provided in compliance with the 1998 Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act, and California Education Code section 67380. The report includes three calendar years of select campus crime statistics and it includes security policies and procedures for the campus. Applicants, students, and employees can obtain a copy of this report from the web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/police/clery/index.shtml or by contacting the Campus Police Department. The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html
Necessary background investigations will be completed depending on the requirements of the position. Those could include, but are not limited to, processing of fingerprints through the Department of Justice and FBI, and degree and license verification. A conditional offer may be made based on the results of these verifications.
State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants
for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic
information, medical condition, disability, marital
status, or protected veteran status.
Global Job Search
Refer to EEJob.com when applying for this job
Copyright Sastha.com, Inc., All Rights Reserved.